Why sweet potatoes?
- Help ward off cancer and protect against the effects of aging.
- They are high in vitamin B6
They are a good source of vitamin C
- They are a good source of vitamin D, which helps build healthy bones and prevents cancer
- They contain iron and support a healthy immune system
- They are a good source of magnesium, which is the relaxation and anti-stress mineral
- They are a good source of potassium
- They are high in folate
- They don’t spike blood sugar levels like white potatoes
2 large sweet potatoes, sliced lengthwise into fries
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
sea salt to taste
Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C.
In a large bowl, mix the coconut oil, sweet potato, and sea salt until it’s evenly coated. Spread the sweet potato slices onto a baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes. Shake them around a bit and turn them over, and bake for 15 additional minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.